The Science Behind Meditation
November 17-19, 2017: In person or online
The Symposium is hosted through the Expanding Light Retreat near Nevada City, CA
Scientific study of meditation has exploded in the last two decades. Not only has there been study after study of the health and wellbeing benefits of meditation but there is now also a much deeper understanding of what actually happens physiologically, neurologically, metabolically, genetically, energetically, and quantum physically.
There is now ample scientific evidence that regular meditation significantly effects:
- Physiology: Transforms our entire body chemistry cellularly and systemically
- Neuroplasticity: Restructures and rewires the brain
- Epigenetics: Activates positive genes and deactivates negative genes
Science is now also able to confirm the reality of the more subtle experiences of meditation:
- Quantum Neuroscience: Explains how meditation creates neurological connections to quantum reality
- String Theory: Provides the scientific foundation of a high-frequency, circumambient reality that interpenetrates our physical world and body
- Quantum Coherence: Reveals the bridge between Intelligent life force and the physical body
- The Holographic Principle: Forms the paradigm that we are continuously creating our bodies, even small changes in consciousness instantly manifest physical changes
Dr. Amit Goswami
Theoretical Quantum Physicist Dr. Amit Goswami is a pioneer of the new paradigm of science called “science within consciousness,” an idea he explicated in his seminal book, The Self-Aware Universe, where he also solved the quantum measurement problem elucidating the famous observer effect.
Joseph makes the complex and obscure simple and clear. A dedicated meditator for over forty years, author of The Physics of God, he is known for creating bridges of understanding between the modern evidenced-based discoveries of science and the ancient experience-based discoveries of the mystics.
Dr. Shanti Rubenstone, MD
Shanti is loving, enthusiastic, energy personified — Shanti is a minister, wellness practitioner, and board certified internist who received her medical degree from Stanford. She began what became one of the largest general internal medical practices in the country and now teaches meditation, yoga, and the application of spiritual science to health.
Dr. Peter van Houten, MD
Peter is sought out by patients internationally for consultation and has a tremendous reputation for delivering cutting-edge health care. Committed to “evidence based medicine” he maintains a deep knowledge of ongoing research into the subtle and powerful relationships between brain physiology and personal spiritual development. Dr. Peter co-authored Yoga Therapy for Headache Relief and Yoga Therapy for Overcoming Insomnia.
Gyandev McCord, PhD.
Gyandev is a co-founder of Yoga Alliance and served on Yoga Alliance’s board of directors for 17 years. CD’s include: Pranayama for Deeper Meditation, Magnetize Your Life, Ease into Sleep, Connect with Spirit, and Dance of Divinity. He has an M.S./Ph.D. in applied mathematics from Stanford University.